Terms and Conditions
Please read the terms and conditions prior to booking your course of swim sessions.
1. Course and session times - We have designed our courses to run in-line with the standard school term and each course lasts between 10 to 14 weeks (the "Course"), with a 1 to 2 week break during standard school half-term. Each week you and your child will attend a swim and learn session lasting approximately 25 minutes (the "Session").
2. Session times - You and child are allocated a specific Session (i.e. Session time and venue) each week throughout the duration of the Course. You and your child's health and safety is our primary concern, therefore, we cannot accommodate changes that you may wish to make to your Session times or venues and request that you to attend the Session that you have allocated only (and not attend other Sessions as this may cause a breach of the guidelines provided for our instructor ratio).
3. Payment - once you have completed the how to join section of our website and you have received a payment advice you need to follow the online instructions. All courses are to be paid for in full prior to the start of your course. Please note that payment for each course is non transferable (as outlined in paragraph 2 above)
4. Refunds - Once Courses have commenced, our policy is to not to issue refunds, however, we would consider a request for a refund if supported by a letter from your General Practitioner setting out the reason for the child's non-attendance. Such requests will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
5. Cancellation - If you wish to cancel a Course: · 15 days prior to its commencement, then a full refund will be given. · 8 to 14 days prior to the start of the Course, an administration fee of £25 will be deducted from the Course fee. · Up to 7 days prior to the start of the Course, no refund will be given.
6. Personal belongings - Personal belongings left in the changing facilities and or at the pool-side are left at their owner's own risk and Sutton Dolphins Limited accept no responsibility whatsoever for loss, theft or damage.
7. Vehicles and car parking - Vehicles left in the car park are left at their owner's own risk and Sutton Dolphins Limited accept no responsibility whatsoever for loss, theft or damage.
8. Sutton Dolphins' products - All items purchased from Sutton Dolphins will be refunded only if faulty and returned with original packaging. No items can be exchanged if used in the water.
9. Pool closures due to severe weather conditions - In the event of a pool closure due to severe weather conditions Sutton Dolphins are not liable to provide any refunds or a 'make up' session.
10. cancelled session due to Sutton dolphins - If a session is cancelled due to a problem at a venue we will endeavour to re schedule the session, this session will be rescheduled on the day you currently attend however the time may differ. You will only be offered a refund if we can not reschedule the session at all. Refunds will not be given if you cannot attend.
Our Code of Conduct
1. Arrival at the pool - To minimise the disruption to Sessions being taught, we kindly request that you do not arrive at the pool more than 10 minutes prior to the start of your Session. We suggest that parents arrive "ready to swim" so that they can concentrate on preparing their child for the Session.
2. Changing facilities - As changing facilities are limited in terms of space, we request that you leave prams and buggies collapsed in the pool foyer. At the end of the Session, we advise that you keep your child wrapped in a towel and get changed first, as this is often quicker and "dryer" for both parent and child. We ask you to also be aware that the floors around the pool and in the changing areas are often wet and also request that you use the changing facilities as efficiently as possible, so that parents and children arriving for the next Session can use them.
3. What to bring - We recommend that you bring the following items with you to each Session: . A changing mat; · Towels for parent and child; · Swim nappies babies have to be double nappied. Please note that children that are not toilet trained must wear a swim nappy. We kindly request that you take used nappies home with you for disposal; · Drink and Snack. At the end of each Session, your child may be thirsty and hungry, therefore, we suggest that you bring a suitable drink and snack with you; · Your child's favourite toy to pacify them whilst you are getting changed.
4. Illness - If your child is unwell we recommend that you do not bring them to a swim session as they will not benefit or enjoy it. If you are unwell we recommend that you do not come swimming and that you arrange for someone who is familiar to your child brings them.
5. Immunisations - We recommend you to visit the government website on vaccinations www.immunisations.gov.org or consult your health care practitioner.
6. Parking - Parking at our venues is often limited on site as many of our pools are at primary schools. Please drive slowly and with caution when on school site. Parking is permitted on surrounding roads; however some roads have one hour restrictions so please check before parking. One hour parking should be sufficient for you and your baby to attend a swimming session.
7. Nappies - Children under 3 years of age must wear a double nappy system. A disposable nappy followed by a reusable nappy and swimwear ontop.